Easy Gingerbread Man Ornament
Affiliate links are used in this article.
- Metallic Gold Spray Paint
- Permanent Marker1-Hole Punch
- Uncooked Elbow Noodles
- Empty Cardboard Box
- School Glue
- Red Chinelle Stems /Pipe Cleaners or thin red ribbon
- Thick Red Ribbon
- Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
Directions to make DIY Paper Plate Christmas Wreath
1. ADULTS: Cut a gingerbread man shape out of the box.
Make a hole near the edge using the hold punch.
2.Use the permanent marker and write the child’s name on the back of the gingerbread man.
3. ADULT ONLY STEP: Set the cardboard gingerbread man newspapers outside, away from children. Follow all safety instructions on your paint container. Spray with gold paint. Let dry. This will be the back of the ornament.
4. Set the gingerbread man– shiny side down on the table. Let the child place drop of glue on the gingerbread man. Put a noodle on top of each glue drop.
Squeezing the glue and picking up the noodles with the thumb and pointer finger makes this gingerbread man ornament a great fine-motor skills craft.
MATH SPIN ON IT:
Roll and Cover Christmas gingerbread man: For older children, let them roll 1 die and call out the number Place the same amount of glue dots as the number rolled. Then cover each glue dot with a noodle. Repeat rolling until the gingerbread man has been filled. Challenge: How many noodles are on the gingerbread man all together?
For an EXTRA math challenge: Hand children two dice. Let them roll both and place either the sum or the difference on their gingerbread man. a 2 and a 4 would mean children could place either 2 glue dots (4-2=2) or 6 glue dots on their gingerbread man (4+2=6)
4. Allow the gingerbread man to dry.
5. ADULT ONLY STEP: Set the dried noodle gingerbread manon newspapers outside, away from children. Follow all safety instructions on your paint container. Spray with gold paint. Make sure to paint from several angles until all the noodles and cardboard is covered. Allow to dry
6. Thread the red Pipe Cleaner through the hole and twist.
OPTIONAL: Have the children wrap their gingerbread manornament with tissue paper to give as a gift.
- The Christmas Story
- The Animals’ Christmas Eve (Little Golden Book)
- God Gave Us Christmas
- Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale
- God Bless Our Christmas
- A Christmas Prayer
- The Parable Series: The Pine Tree Parable
- This Is the Stable
- Who Is Coming to Our House? (Board Book)
- Mortimer’s Christmas Manger