Celebrate the upcoming birth of baby with this fun Paint-Your-Own Canvas baby shower. Guests will enjoy painting their own canvas in a relaxed atmosphere and take home a lovely wall hanging and a delightful memory.
Paint Your Own Canvas Baby Shower
This baby shower is one of my all-time favorites. The activity is directed by the studio, which also sets out the supplies and cleans up. No baby games are needed and everyone goes home with something to hang on their walls. The paint-your-own studios are designed to help people of all artistic abilities find success – so it is a low stress, high enjoyment event.
1 Month Prior to the Baby Shower.
1. Talk to mom-to-be about dates.
2. Book the studio.
3. Select the painting.
4. Send out evites
We are lucky to have 2 local paint your own canvas shops. After finding out the dates from the mommy-to-be, I called around asking about private parties, I ended up choosing the one with our date available!
I previewed their images online and asked them to e-mail me images of 10 that they would recomend for a baby shower. I forwarded these to my friend and she selected her favorite. The instructor would guide us through painting that picture.
They asked for a name and estimated number of guests – we estimated 10. There was no cost for having a private room. It was $18 per person for the painting which we included in the invitation.
1 Week Prior to the Baby Shower
1. Call mom-to-be and ask how she is feeling and if you can do anything (This is what friends and family do! Stop muffins and fruit off at her house and let her know you are thinking of her, bake a batch of oatmeal cookies or stop off dinner. Even a little card sent in the mail lets her know you are thinking of her.)
2. Remind guests of the party via evites.
3. Call the studio to verify registration.
4. Assemble gift bags. We added travel WaterWipes packages, a home-made coaster, and
5. Wrap your gifts. I like to give something for baby to wear AND baby diapers and wipes. You cannot go wrong with those. Every baby uses them!
Giving wipes also gave me a chance to introduce another mom to WaterWipes, which I’ve grown to love! WaterWipes, a premium European brand, is a chemical free baby wipe that contains only two ingredients, 99.9% purified Irish water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract. The wipes are:
Suitable from birth
Helps avoid the causes of diaper rash
Are you using WaterWipes? Yes? Let me know how they work with your little one. I’d love to hear your stories!
If not, check the list of ingredients in the wipes you currently used. I know I was surprised to see ingredients that I couldn’t even pronounce. Trying to be more chemically conscious, I’m glad we made the switch.
Baby Shower Snacks
- crackers and dip
- chocolate mini cupcakes
- chocolate covered strawberries
- lemonade and
Here are some of our finished painted projects: