Explore the best Pinterest Boards to teach your children about the world during the Olympics!
The Olympics are one of the best times to teach your children about the different countries of the world. It’s a moment in time when they can watch and see the flags and faces of countries everywhere.
It’s a teachable MOMENT!
Are you thinking where do I find Books, Activities, Crafts, Recipes about the World?
Don’t worry we’ve got you covered! We’ve been reviewing some of the top websites and pinning the best activities for kids on our Pinterest Boards just for you! We’ve listed our favorite World Culture Boards for Kids and included a few of our own! It’s so important developmentally for your child to celebrate and discuss diversity and explore our child’s place in the world through play.
Learning About the World with the Olympics
Here are some of our favorite Pinterest Boards about World Culture for Kids
- Bilingual Babies and Geography– A collection of activities and resources for teaching about Language, Culture and Geography.
- Summer Projects to Make and Do– A Collection of Activities that are summer themed including Olympics!
- India Cultures and Hindi Language – A Place to find resources about India
- Russian Language and Culture – A place to find resources about Russia
Travel Around the World in 12 Dishes in 12 Countries. Our children see maps, flags and books. They see postcards and maybe they see films about the world, but let’s really bring it to life through food! Taste and smell don’t often get explored, we think this would be wonderfully fun and interesting for you and your children.
Not only is it an exciting and different way to learn about cultures, but cooking with children brings so many opportunities for learning- math, science, literacy, language development, and even geography! Plus cooking creates lasting family memories and something yummy to enjoy! Come join the FUN!
Here are some of the Top World Culture Boards that we Contribute too. Yes,we’re just a little bit passionate about World Culture with our international children!
- World Culture Based Books, Activities, Crafts and Learning Curriculum created by Maya at MemeTales with several collaborators who participated in the Readathon 2012.
- World Culture ~ Created by Zina author of Let’s Lasso the Moon along with many collaborators share their own activities about World Culture with Kids.
- Global and Diverse Kids ~ Created by Mel Avila at Play-Activities.com and Raising Playful TotsMontessori TidbitsKitchen Counter Chronicles Nurture Store Juggling with Kids Creative Family FunMama Smiles
- Kid Bloggers Go Olympics ~ Looking for Olympic Activities for your Child? Here’s the best place we’ve found for Olympic themed activities. You can even add your own!
- Bloggers Go Olympics ~ Here’s their new Pinterest Board too!
- Kid Blogger Network~ 160+ Kid friendly Bloggers Sharing their Activities and Resources for children around the World!
- Continent Boxes ~ Montessori Tidbits has created some terrific boards for Maps Skills and Continents Boxes
- Crafts from Around the World ~ Created by Kids Citizen World she has quite a few I suggest you check out!
- Multicultural Kid Blogs Pinterest Boards ~ Created by Blogs dedicated to raising world Citizens, through arts, activities, crafts, food, language and love.
There you go…. all the resources you need to encourage your young children to learn about the World. We’d love for you to Follow on Pinterest so we can keep you up to date with all the new resources we find. As Moms and Teachers we really look for ideas that are worth your time and economical for your family.
Take a Peek at How to Create Olympic Games at Home
We believe in the power of raising globally aware children and we make a point to allow our children to experience other cultures with food, art, crafts, music, geography, presentations, and more. In addition to raising globally aware children, both of our families have chosen to raise our children to be bilingual speakers of another language.
Here at the Educators’ Spin On It we address many cultural topics and educational activities that can be adapted to the language you speak with your child. Although we are experts in Russian and Indian culture, we also teach our children about many other countries and languages as well. Whether you want to learn more about our cultures to teach your children or are interested in raising bilingual kids too – we hope you are inspired!
We invite you to visit our Around the World
Are you ready for the Olympics???
You may also enjoy these activities…