Explore the world through books! This collection of books about Japan is an invitation for your child to learn about Japan and Japanese culture.
The Olympics are a great time to Learn about Other Countries! Literature is one of the easiest ways to learn about other places. Plus it’s a great way to travel the world from your own home!
This past month we’ve been learning about Japan in our Around the World in 12 Dishes. Did you participate?
Which Japanese recipe was your favorite?
Which Japanese craft was your favorite?
This post contains affiliate links to amazon
Books about Japan for Kids
Here are some of our favorite Books about Japan.
- The Great Wave: A Children’s Book Inspired by Hokusai
- Hokusai: The Man Who Painted a Mountain
- One Day in Japan With Hokusai
- Japanese Celebrations: Cherry Blossoms, Lanterns and Stars!
- Japanese Traditions: Rice Cakes, Cherry Blossoms and Matsuri: A Year of Seasonal Japanese Festivities
- Japanese Children’s Favorite Stories
- All About Japan: Stories, Songs, Crafts and Games for Kids
- I Live in Tokyo
- Suki’s Kimono
- The Way We Do It in Japan
- My Japan
- Colors of Japan
- K is for Kabuki
- Ame Goes to Japan
- One Leaf Rides the Wind
Here are some other fun sites to learn about Japan
- National Geographic Kids: Japan
- Activity Village: Japan
- Time for Kids: Japan
- Enchanted Learning: Japan
- Japanese Discovery Box: Create or Borrow for Free
For more recipes ideas for kids, visit our Cooking Around the World Recipes for kids