It’s that time of year again when I try to close the workshop from my little helpers. I am not a napping crafter year round because I truly believe in the benefits of crafting with my children. At 5, my daughter is hand sewing her own projects and at 2 my son is cutting, pinning and starting to sew as well. This time of year though, I am trying to finish all my hand-made Christmas gifts behind closed doors. They seem to know it too, because no matter what time of day, they are trying to get into Santa’s my workshop. STOP KNOCKING!!!!! You know that although I try to keep you out, your pleas to help me sew and craft are irresistible and I will give in and let you come to our crafting area!! I know, I am a push over when it comes to kids helping me craft – but, oh well. You can’t be great at everything =)
This week I will show you some things that I have made with (and without helpers) for a DIY Christmas (On a Budget!
Today is the Funky Christmas Tree Painting
Canvas ( I re-used one that already had a painting on)
1. Start by painting your canvas in shades of blues.
2. When your toddler figures out what you are doing, let him sponge paint white to look like snow on the blue.
3. Add the snowy bottom and the green tree
4. Wait (or get a blow dryer out to speed things up)
5. Add lights (I used the end of my brush to stamp yellow)
6. Add a bunch of circle ornaments. To make them funky, keep adding circles of colors.
7. Add presents to the bottom of the tree.
8. When all is dry, use your kids glitter glue to add sparkles!
Hang up and let your kids enjoy! “See mom – I painted that with you”