Pi Day is here! Are you ready to celebrate with your child or class? Here are some fun Pi Day songs to watch together. Plus I’d added some of my favorite Pi Day Activities and Crafts as your child learns all about Pi.
Let’s explore what is so special about Pi.
Pi Day Songs for Kids
Need a few ideas for learning about Pi with kids? Songs can be a quick way to teach a concept, especially a mathematic one. I’ve screened all of these videos so that they are kid friendly and ready to watch as you teach about Pi day with your child.
What is Pi?
Pi (π) is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter. Pi is a constant number, meaning that for all circles of any size, Pi will be the same.
The diameter of a circle is the distance from edge to edge, measuring straight through the center. The circumference of a circle is the distance around.
Source: What is Pi?
My daughter was pretty excited about Pi Day today at her school so I thought it might be fun to carry the theme home today after school too with these Pi songs and Pi activities. I’ve rounded up ones I felt had great educational value for our kids. Take a look!
Pi Day Activities for Kids
- Pi Day story and activity by PBS
- Pi Day Activity: Make Pi Art by Pink Stripy Socks
- Pi Day Bracelet by Pink Stripy Socks
- Pi Skyline by What Do We Do All Day
- Pi Day Grid Art Project by Tinkerlab
- The Ultimate list of Pi Day Activities by Math Geek Mama
- 10 Mathtastic Ways to Celebrate Pi Day by We Are Teachers
- Celebrate Pi Day with Learning Activities by Education Possible
- Pi Day Traditions Crafts, Activities and Printables by Tip Junkie
- 10 Images Showing the Beauty in Pi by Washington Post
- Low Prep Pi Day Activity by Momgineer
- Pi Day Circle Art by Momgineer
- Pi Day Apply Pie Activity by Teach Beside Me
- 10 Ways to Celebrate Pi Day by Imagination Soup
How will you be celebrating Pi Day?
Click to see all of our Featured After School Activities
After School Linky Party is hosted by
Thank you for sharing Activities for School Ages only. By sharing your link you give permission for our host to feature a photo and link in an upcoming post.