Roll a Story Woodland Animals
- Roll a Story Key
- Roll a Story Writing Paper
- Read several books about woodland creatures. Talk about the environment and the differetn animals.
- Show the roll a story image to the children and copy enough writing prompts for each child. Lined paper works as well.
- Provide dice for the students and allow them to roll for their main character.
- They can begin drawing and writing once their character has been selected.
- Encourage them to use words from the word wall in their story and assist in sounding out difficult words.
Roll a Story Woodland Animals Activity Extensions
For younger students:
- Roll and draw the picture on blank paper. Have the child tell the story while the adult writes.
- Use puppets to tell the story orally of the woodland animal rolled.
- Write a few words on a separate paper and allow children to copy the words onto their own paper.
For older students
- Encourage the story to include at least 5 sentences with an introduction and conclusion.
- Use dialog within the story.
- Focus on adding descriptive words to the story.
More Forest Themed Activities from the Early Childhood Education Team. #TeachECE
Forest Animal Play Dough Small World by Fun-A-Day