My 3rd grader comes home from school ready for some FUN and PLAY, plus she sees all the fun things her little brothers get to do and feels a little left out. It seems like our schools have left all the crafting and cute projects out of the school day.
In fact, we haven’t seen a holiday project come home from school since kindergarten. Our big kids still need time to explore materials, express their creativity and celebrate the season, so I look for activities that are fun, hands-on, have a Valentine’s Day theme and still sneak a little learning in.
Here are our top picks for Valentine’s Day Learning Activities for Kids to Make and Do!
If there are any grade school teachers who still do activities with their students beyond worksheets – then these activities would work well in a classroom too!
Valentine’s Day Learning Activities For Grade School Kids
Valentine’s Day Literacy Activities for Kids:
- Heart Bookmarks
- ABC Heart Scavenger Hunt
- Secret Message Valentine Treasures
- Mini Secret Messages
- Valentine Writing Activities
- Make and Write Valentine Winter Bird Card
- Read a Valentine’s Day Themed Chapter Book
Amazon Affiliate Links
Valentine’s Day Science Activities for Kids:
- Math Estimation with Candy Hearts
- Candy Heart Graph
- Mirror Box Valentine’s Day Science Exploration
- Explore how a Real Heart Works!
Valentine’s Day Math Activities for Kids:
- Love potion Science Experiment
- Math Jar of Hearts
- Math Valentine: Learn – Play – Give Away!
- Pipe Cleaner Math
- Dissolving Heart Experiment