It’s time to make SPOOKY treats for your Halloween get-togethers with friends and family. Get several VEGAN HALLOWEEN with delicious spooky treats, appetizers, and main courses to make.
Tips for Preparing A Spooky and Healthy Halloween Spread
1. Plan your food selection ahead of time (ahem Kathy – that means you too!)
2. Choose a variety of healthy appetizers, main dishes, and deserts. There are links to ten recipes in this blog article and you can download the VEGAN HALLOWEEN book for another ten – which brings the total to actually TWENTY vegan recipes for Halloween =)
3. Dress up the dishes with Halloween props.
4. Invite friends over and celebrate!
10 Kid-Friendly Vegan Halloween Recipes:
Kathy Hester, creator of Healthy Slow Cooking.
A fan of Oatmeal and author of 4 recipe books, I have had the pleasure of meeting Kathy in person as well. You can get one of the oatmeal recipes for Gingerbread Pear Desert here. For some of her favorite Halloween Recipes:
- Sweet and Savory Halloween Roundup
- Chili stuffed Jac-o-peppers
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice (no added sugar)
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Oat Burgers
Natalie Slater, creator of Bake and Destroy
Features original vegan* recipes influenced by my love of pro-wrestling, punk rock, heavy metal and junk food. I also occasionally interview chefs, indie designers and other interesting folks.
Some Halloween Inspired Food from Bake and Destroy
- Slasher Smores Cupcakes
- Candy Bar Cupcakes
- Oh, and a crash-course on jackfruit!(you use this to make the Cannibal Crockpot Recipe – pictured below)
Cara Reed creator of Fork and Beans.
She shares creative gluten free, egg free, and dairy free recipes for families.
Here are just a few of her Halloween Recipes:
She shares her plant-based diet recipes and likes finding ways to vegan-ize something or figure out a gluten-free alternative.
Here are three of her Halloween inspired recipes.
Co – authors Cara Reed, Natalie Slater, and Kathy Hester of Vegan Halloween joined me for a Google + Live Hangout, where they shared their favorite Halloween Recipe and Tips for Dressing up the table for Halloween (Spooky Eyes are a must!)