Focus on counting with your child this fall by gathering acorns and creating a fun learning games for kids. Acorns are the perfect size to engage with math and counting. Here’s a way to to connect kids with nature and educational concepts can keep them interested and engaged. Go on a nature hunt and bring the learning home with acorns.
Here’s how to play…
Materials for Acorn Math Game
- White Paper
- Black Marker
- Muffin Tin or Acorn Mat (Printable) Print here
- Jar with Lidor container
- Acorn Number Sheet (Printable) Print here
To identify numbers 0 to 10
Directions for Acorn Math Game
5. Create a space for your child to count the acorns on either a fall themed playmate (printable available) or in a muffin tin container.
9. Then mix up the acorns and repeat the activity until they have found all of the numbers in the acorn jar.
Bonus Acorn Game Ideas
- Use the acorn numbers and practice numerical order
- Place acorn numbers in order and t hen place acorns on each to match correct number
Acorn Games for Kids
I’ll be sharing more Games for kids using Acorns this month. As for our Newsletter Subscribers you can get all of the printable games for FREE. Just click here to subscribe.
Books about Acorns for Kids