Fall is here! We’ve collected some of our favorite apple, acorn, leaf, pumpkin, owl and turkey activities on The Educators’ Spin On It just for you to do this fall with your family.
- Apple Activities for Fall
- Fall Learning Activities for Kids
- Fall Crafts for Kids
- Fall Leaf Activities for Kids
- Fall Recipes the Kids Can Make
- Acorn Learning Activities for Kids
- Farm Activities for Kids
- Diwali Activities for Kids
- Fall Sewing Crafts for Kids
- Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Halloween Activities for Kids
- Halloween Writing Activities for Kids
- Owl Activities for Kids
- Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
- Book Lists for Fall
100+ Fun and Easy Fall Activities for Kids
Check out our collection of Fall Activities for crafts, recipes, learning and family fun!
A collection of 100+ fall activities for your child to explore as the season changes. Have fun and learn with apples, acorns, pumpkins & more!
Kick off your fall fun with these 50+ Fall STEM Activities for Kids!
Apple Activities for Fall
Apples are a great theme for kids in the fall because they are:
- A seasonal fruit that is often associated with fall.
- A versatile fruit that can be used in many different activities, such as baking, cooking, and art projects.
- A healthy and nutritious snack that kids enjoy.
- A fun and engaging topic that can be used to teach kids about science, math, and literacy.
Apples are also a symbol of knowledge and education, which makes them a perfect fit for school for back to school time.
Here are our of top picks of apple activities for fall…
For more ideas visit our 75+ Apple Activities for Kids
Fall Learning Activities for Kids
Fall is a great theme for kids because it is a time of change and new beginnings. The leaves change color, the weather gets cooler, and the days get shorter. This can be a great time to teach kids about the changing seasons and the natural world.
Fall is also a time for harvest, which can be a great opportunity to teach kids about food and where it comes from. There are many fun activities that can be done around the theme of fall, such as apple picking, pumpkin carving, and hayrides.
Overall, fall is a great time to teach kids about the world around them and have some fun at the same time.
Here are a few of our favorite fall activities for kids…
Have a child in Elementary School? You may also find these Fall Activities for Kids After School helpful.
Fall Crafts for Kids
Fall Leaf Activities for Kids
Fall leaves are a great theme to use for kids for autumn because they are:
- Visually appealing. Fall leaves are colorful and vibrant, which can capture the attention of young children.
- Multisensory. Fall leaves can be used to create a variety of sensory experiences, such as crunching them underfoot, smelling their earthy scent, and feeling their soft texture.
- Hands-on. Fall leaves can be used in a variety of hands-on activities, such as leaf rubbings, leaf prints, and leaf collages.
- Educational. Fall leaves can be used to teach children about the changing seasons, the life cycle of plants, and the importance of conservation.
- Fun. Fall leaves are simply fun to play with! Kids can have hours of fun chasing them in the wind, jumping in piles of them, and making leaf art.
Here are a few of our favorite fall activities to explore…
Take a Fall Virtual Field Trip to explore the changing leaves and fall colors.
Overall, fall leaves are a great way to engage and excite kids about autumn.
For more visit the Fall Leaf Activities for Preschoolers and Toddlers
Fall Recipes the Kids Can Make
There’s just something special about fall that makes you want to head to the kitchen with your child and bake something delicious. Perhaps it’s the aromatic spices or all the tasty recipes but you’ll find yourself mixing and stirring with your little one.
Here are some of our favorite kid-friendly fall recipes.
Click now for more Recipes for Kids to Cook
Acorn Learning Activities for Kids
Acorns are a great theme to use for kids for fall because they are:
- Seasonal. Acorns are a symbol of fall, so they are a natural fit for a fall-themed activity.
- Educational. Acorns can be used to teach kids about the life cycle of a tree, as well as about the importance of recycling and conservation.
- Fun. Acorns can be used in a variety of fun activities, such as arts and crafts, games, and nature walks.
- Inexpensive. Acorns are a relatively inexpensive activity, so they can be easily incorporated into a classroom budget.
- Versatile. Acorns can be used in a variety of different ways, so they can be adapted to fit the needs of different classrooms and groups of students.
For more ideas, explore these acorn activities for kids.
Farm Activities for Kids
The farm can be such a fun theme to use in the fall with kids.
- Farms are a familiar and relatable topic for many children, especially those who live in rural areas.
- Farms provide a great opportunity for hands-on learning about agriculture and the food system.
- Fall is a great time of year to visit farms, as many of them are in full swing with harvest activities.
- Farm-themed activities can be incorporated into a variety of subjects, including science, math, social studies, and art.
- Farm-themed activities can be used to teach children about the importance of sustainability and conservation.
- Farm-themed activities can be fun and engaging for children of all ages.
Diwali Activities for Kids
Diwali is a great theme for kids for fall because it is a festival of lights and new beginnings. It is a time for families and friends to come together and celebrate the triumph of good over evil. The festival is also a time for giving and receiving gifts, which is something that kids will enjoy.
Diwali is a colorful and festive holiday, which will make for a fun and engaging learning experience for kids.
Here are some of our favorite Diwali Activities:
For more ideas see our Diwali Crafts for Kids
Fall Sewing Crafts for Kids
Pumpkin Activities for Kids
Pumpkins are a great theme for kids for fall because they are:
- Fun and festive
- Easy to find and inexpensive
- Can be used in a variety of activities, such as carving, painting, and decorating
- Can be used to teach about the fall season and the harvest
- Can be used to promote healthy eating habits
- Can be used to create a sense of community and belonging
Pumpkins are a versatile and popular fall crop that can be used in a variety of ways to engage and educate elementary school students.
For more ideas visit our Play and Learn 36+ Pumpkin Activities for Kids
Halloween Activities for Kids
For more ideas visit Fun and Easy Halloween Activities for Kids
Halloween Writing Activities for Kids
For more writing ideas visit Writing Resources for Parents
Owl Activities for Kids
Owls are a great theme for kids!
- Interesting and engaging for kids
- Symbolize wisdom and intelligence
- Associated with the fall season
- Can be used in a variety of activities and projects
Kids can learn about owl habitats, diets, and behaviors. They could also create owl-themed art projects, write stories about owls, or even build owl houses.
Here are a few of our favorite owl activities…
For more ideas for our Owl Activities for Kids
Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
Thanksgiving is a great theme to use for kids because it is a time of year that is all about family, friends, and giving thanks. It is a time when kids can learn about the importance of these things and how to appreciate what they have. Thanksgiving is also a time when kids can learn about American history and the traditions of the holiday.
There are many activities that can be done to celebrate Thanksgiving, such as making crafts, writing stories, and having a feast.
Looking for more ideas? Take a Virtual Field Trip to a Turkey Farm
For more visit our Thanksgiving Activities for School Ages
Book Lists for Fall
- 5 Must Read Fall Books
- Fall Leaf Books for Kids
- Apple Books
- Farm Themed Books
- Diwali Books for Kids
- Owl Books for Kids
- September Read Aloud Books
- Halloween Books Challenge
- Witch Books for Kids
- November Books
- The Best Children’s Thanksgiving Books
Learn more about our favorites book at our Weekly Virtual Book Club
Want ideas for what to do this fall with your child? Download our FREE September Calendar.
FOLLOW our Fall Pinterest Board… we’re finding new things everyday to share with YOU!