All about me is a popular theme in the early childhood classroom. That is because children LOVE to talk about themselves! This all about me writing activity is a great way to introduce other academic concepts such as writing.
In this lesson, children will draw a picture of themselves, label body parts, and write their names.
Amazon Affiliate Links included in post.
All About Me Writing Activity for Young Children
Learning Objective: Draw a person (you) with a minimum of 5 body parts.
Write the first name.
- Chart Paper
- All About Me Cut and Paste Printable
- Large White Paper
- Kids Scissors
- Glue Stick or School Glue
Click to print this cut and paste prompt and other early childhood learning resources.
1. Talk about the parts of your body. Sing – HEAD, SHOULDERS KNEES AND TOES.
2. Model how to draw a person using a large chart paper in the front of the room.
3. Demonstrate how to cut and label the parts of the person.
4. Hand each child a large sheet of paper. Have them draw themselves.
*Remind them to sing the song in their heads if they have forgotten to add certain body parts.
* We have a rule that if you are 4 years old, then you need to use a minimum of 4 colors, 5 years old = 5 colors.
5. Cut and paste the words near the body parts. This is called labeling.
6. Write their name on the blank. Paste it to the top or bottom of the page (wherever there is room)
There are so many ways to have fun with the All About Me theme with your preschooler. Below we’ve featured All About Me Activities that focus on Math, Literacy, Snack ideas, movement and more for your child.
Explore our All about Meet Book List!
You may also like our post about Books about Names!
For more All About ME themed activities from the Early Childhood Education Team:
- Erase Me Rhyming Activity via Growing Book by Book
- Spell Your Name Sensory Bin via Mom Inspired Life
- All About Me Early Writing Activity via The Educators’ Spin On It
- Learning Names in Preschool with ALL 5 Senses! via The Preschool Toolbox
- Scratch and Sniff Names via Fun-A-Day
- Fun Kindergarten Math Activities Using Their Names via Capri + 3
- All About Me Math Race via Still Playing School
- DIY My Name Puzzle Printable Template via Learning 2 Walk
- Name Recognition Snack via Munchkins and Moms
- Build my name via Rainy Day Mum
- All About Me DIY Puzzles for Preschoolers via Life Over C’s
For more All About Me Activities visit our 30+ Name Activities for Preschoolers
Growing Book by Book says
My son has recently been drawing lots of pictures of himself. I love the idea of having him glue label onto his drawing. We will do this today!
Devany LeDrew says
What a great idea to introduce labeling! Adorable drawing, too!
Theresa A says
I love the idea of children labeling their own drawings! We will be doing this. Thank you for the great printable!
Danielle Buckley says
Great activity for an All About Me theme! My son loves drawing pictures of himself, so this would be a perfect extension and a great way to add in some cutting and gluing practice too.
Clarissa Hooper says
My son has quite an interesting interpretation of what he looks like, I'd love to see where he places these labels in his drawing! So cute!
I love the idea “All about me Activities ”
I will make use of it.