COLOR Word Writing Activity for Children: DIY Color Bug Book
Learning Objective: Write 5 color words.
Directions for Color Writing Activity:
2. Cut along the dotted lines.
3. Assemble in order from shortest to tallest
4. Staple the top 3 times.
5. Select a page to begin.
6. Look at the insect. Name it. Point to the insect’s name on the page.
7. Explain that each insect has a special color. Show the list of color words to the child. Read and point to each word.
8. Decide which color word would best fit the spaces before the insect’s name. Count the letters and spaces to see if they match.
9. Write the color word in the spaces.
10. Color the insect that color.
11. Repeat for all pages.
Color Word Writing Activity Variations
For Younger children
- Write the word for them. Say the letter sound as you write it.
- Skip step 4 and do NOT staple. Complete only one page every day for the week. Staple together when complete.
- Set the printed color word right next to the spaces so the child can copy the word.
For Older children
- Encourage them to write the words on their own.
- Provide them with a blank book and let them create their own color word book.