One of our family’s favorite picture books is Llama Llama Red Pajama.It’s such a typical behavior of our children as they begin to fall asleep on their own. The characters in the book help children realize that these feelings at bedtime are common and that it’s ok to have them and to share about them with their parents.I’m sharing with you a few fun ways to engage with the story with your child for your own little book club at home or with friends.
Have you read Llama Llama Red Pajama yet with your child?
This post contains affiliate links
We’re featuring this book for the Virtual Book Club for Kids book of the month! Llama Llama Red Pajama is written by author Anna Dowdney. She continued to write a few more as well. Be sure to check them out.
Click here for more books by Anna Dewdney
Creating a Playdough Llama Llama Red Pajama Quilt
There are so many fun ways to expand this book with activities. I’m doing to share with you how to create sensory activity to go with the book Llama Llama Red Pajama. Below are listed quite a few more activity ideas too from the Virtual Book Club for Kids Bloggers.
- Printable Quilt or drawn out squares on paper
- Plastic Sheet Protector or Contact Paper
- Small round object for playdough printing
- Small thin object for playdough printing
Encourage your child to create their very own quilt from Llama Llama Red Pajama. As you explore the pictures in the book together notice the patterns and designs in the quilt.As your child…
- Are there polka dots?
- Are there stripes?
- What types of colors.
Create a Sensory Quilt using Playdough. Create a printed quilt on a sheet of paper and cover with a sheet protector or with contact Paper.
Encourage your child to create squares with the playdough to match the quilt. See if you can create a pattern with the colors.
Now it’s time to explore patterns with textures. Add a few small items from around the house to experiment with. We used a paper straw, pencil, legos and a wooden popsicle stick to create polka dots and stripes in our Llama llama Red Pajama Quilt.
Here’s our first finished quilt that the kids created. Of couse we started all over again and repeated the activity again and again. So many ways to create a pattern with the color and textures for kids and they explore sensory activity inspired by the book Llama Llama Red Pajama.
What will your quilt look like?
Llama Llama Red Pajama Read Aloud Video
Here’s a peek at the book Llama Llama Red Pajama to enjoy with your child and also a fun song video. Be sure to check out the book from the library or purchase it from amazon here.
Author Anna Dewdney Resources
You can find resources from Anna Dewdney’s author website here
Here’s a link to an interview about feelings and Pledge to Play
Llama Llama Red Pajama Virtual Book Club for Kids
This month we are spotlighting Llama Llama Red Pajama as part of our Virtual Book Club for Kids. Make sure to check out all of the book inspired ideas below created by my co-hosts!!
Llama Llama Red Pajama Activity Ideas
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Alphabet Activity from Mom Inspired Life
- Pajama Name Matching Activity for Kids from Toddler Approved
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Hidden Numbers Blanket Game from Preschool Powol Packets
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Sensory Play from Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Bedtime Snacks for Llama Llama Red Pajama from Study at Home Mama
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Color Words Activity from Growing Book by Book
- Llama Llama Patterned Pajamas Pre-Writing Activity from Rainy Day Mum
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Movement Game from Still Playing School
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Colors Words and Matching Game from Inspiration Laboratories
- Red Pajama Lacing Activity from 3 Dinosaurs
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Color Matching Quilt from I Can Teach My Child
Pattern and Symmetry in Books by Mama Miss