Get ready for Pancake day ideas with this yummy ideas for your preschooler. These pancake themed activities feature math activities with pancakes, pancake cooking with kids and even our favorite pancake books!
Are you ready for Pancake Day?
Every Sunday, I make pancakes for breakfast. My kids love to measure, mix and pour the batter for pancakes. Their favorite kind of pancake is oatmeal blueberry (mine too). We also like to try other combinations like gingerbread, maple orange, and raspberry vanilla.
Pancake Activities for Preschoolers
Activity: Pancake Store
- Pancake books
- Pretend pancakes (we made felt ones)
- Pretend or real money.
1. Gather and count your pancakes.
2. Decide on an appropriate price for each pancake. ($1 or $2 works best)
3. Make a sign with your paper, marker, and scissors.
4. Display all the pancakes and the sign in a pleasing way.
5. Holler “Pancakes for sale!”until someone comes to buy one.
6. Use the pretend or real money to give them change if needed.
Activity: Read Pancake Books
Activity: Eat Pancakes!
Our trick – wait for the bubbles to come in the middle before flipping!
BONUS PANCAKE ACTIVITY try out some Pancake Math too with this game for Pancake Day.
More AWESOME Pancake Theme Ideas from the #PLAYfulPreschool Team!
- Beginning Sound Pancakes from Growing Book by Book
- Pancake Shape Toss by Rainy Day Mum
- Pancake Class Recipe Book by Fun-A-Day
- Pancake Counting and Addition Game by Mom Inspired Life
- Mini Muffin Tin Surprise Pancakes by Capri + 3
- Making Rainbow Pancakes by Still Playing School
- Pancake Store and Other Pancake Theme Ideas by The Educators’ Spin On It