Activity Playdough Christmas Tree Craft for Kids
- Natural materials: twigs, pine needles, rosemary, cinnamon sticks
- Small containers to hold the objects
Directions for Play-dough Christmas Tree Crafts for Kids
- Set out green play-dough on a table or tray.
- Gather materials from your art center and natural environment. The children can help with this stage as well. Encourage them to think about materials that would best represent Christmas. Encourage them to look for objects with different colors, shapes, and textures. This is a good way to incorporate movement and outdoor play into the day as well.
- Arrange the materials in an inviting way. Sort like items into baskets, bowls, or cups.
- Allow the children to create and decorate triangle playdough trees.
- Demonstrate how to destroy and sort the materials when the Christmas tree craft is complete