Why Should I Schedule a Parent Conference?
- Opens lines of communication
- Showcases a child’s successes
- Learn about your child’s learning style
- Open conversations for any need for improvement
- Demonstrates that you put your child high in your priorities
- Learn about their relationships with others
- Builds child’s excitement to knowing that you’re talking with their teacher
- Sets a higher expectations for their achievement when they know that parents and teachers talk
- Helps to build a positive connection between home and school
What Do I Ask or Do at a Parent Conference ?
- Prepare questions at home and bring them with you written down
- Take Notes
- See test results and work samples
- Discuss the forms of assessment this grade level
- See progress of work on the student displays
- Ask how your child is doing socially with peers
- Discuss goals for your child together
- Discuss what to challenge with at home to build a stronger student
- Find ways to get involved with the classroom
- Discuss the best way to be in contact for follow up to your conversation.
Subject Area Pinterest Boards
Come visit our Pinterest Boards for each subject Area and Follow. We are always trying to find playful ways for your child to learn after school and are sharing them on our Pinterest Boards.
What are your ways that you’ll be supporting them differently know that you’ve had a conference?