Trace, Match, Write | Fine Motor, Math, and Literacy Activities with Puzzles
1. Fine Motor / Early Writing Skills with Puzzles
1. Take a puzzle piece out.
2. Hold it steady with one hand.
3. Trace around the outside with the pencil.
4. Repeat with other pieces.
2. Beginning Math with Puzzles: Spacial Reasoning
Traced puzzle cards (see above activity)
Peg puzzle pieces
1. Mix the puzzle card papers up.
2. Select a puzzle piece.
3. Find the matching shape outline.
4. Repeat until
3. Developing Literacy with Puzzles
Traced puzzle cards
1. Write the word for each puzzle piece under the tracing on each puzzle card.
2. Stack the puzzle cards on top of each other.
3. Staple on the left hand side to make a DIY home-made book.
4. Read the words with your child. Encourage them to place the corresponding puzzle piece on the page.
Raising Global Learners? This DIY homemade book is great for learning new vocabulary in another language too. Just write the name for the object in that language above the puzzle tracing.
For MORE Puzzle Play and Learning:
Beginning Sounds Matching Puzzles with Stickers by Mom Inspired Life
Learning Your Name Playdough Puzzle by Growing Book by Book
Can You Follow The Puzzle? by Learning 2 Walk
Animal Puzzles in a Sensory Bin by Life Over C’s
Turn Your Child’s Artwork Into A Puzzle by Capri + 3
Rainbow Art Puzzle for Kids by Fun-A-Day!
Trace, Match, Write | Fine Motor, Math, and Literacy Activities with Puzzles by The Educators’ Spin On It
Rainbow Craft Stick Puzzle by Powerful Mothering
Rainbow Name Puzzle by Still Playing School