Make a Shape Scarecrow!!!
Learning Objectives for the Shape Scarecrow
Materials Needed for the Shape Scarecrow.
Directions on How to Make a Shape Scarecrow.
2. Point to the top. Glue the hat on the top.
3. Under the hat, add two blue circles for the eyes.
4. In the middle add an orange triangle nose.
5. On the sides, add the yellow rectangles for hair.
6. Add the pink circle cheeks.
7. Using a marker, add a smile and the pupils on the eyes.
8. Have the child write their name on the back of the scarecrow.
Activity Extensions for the Shape Scarecrow
- Attach the scarecrow to a paint mixing stick for a fall puppet. Make up plays in the dramatic play area.
- If the child is writing, have them glue the scarecrow to a pice of writing paper and write a story about it.
- Read books about scarecrows.
For More Scarecrow Learning Activities for Kids from the #PlayfulPreschool Team:
Scarecrow Process Art by Fun-A-Day
Shape Scarecrow by The Educators’ Spin On It
Invitation to Build a Scarecrow with Play Dough by Mom Inspired Life
Alphabet Activity: Scarecrow Letter Patches by Growing Book by Book
Scarecrow Hunt with Free Printable by Capri + 3
Build A Scarecrow by Learning 2 Walk
5 Little Scarecrows Poem and PowerPoint for #PlayfulPreschool by The Preschool Toolbox
The Benefits of Creative Collage for Kids by Still Playing School
Exploring Scarecrows with Technology by Rainy Day Mum
Stick Puppet Scarecrows by Tiny Tots Adventures