Materials Needed for the Storytelling Necklace
Directions to Make the Storytelling Necklace.
1. Read the story out loud.
2. Go back to the begining and page through the book. Talk about the characters, objects, and colors that you see on each page. Encourage your child to point and name them.
3. Using the Polymer Clay, mold the characters and objects. You of course do not need to make them all. Let your child choose their favorites. Keep them small, but slightly rounded.
4. Poke a toothpick through each object to make a bead.
Characters and objects to make from Goodnight Moon:
bowl of mush,
old lady (rabbit)
5. Bake per package instructions and let cool.
6. Select the colored beads that match the story illustrations: orange, yellow, blue, green, red, white.
7. String the home-made character and object beads onto the elastic chord in the order in which they appear in the story. Place 2-3 pony beads between each home-made bead.
8. Tie when completed.
9. Retell the story using the beads.
Here are some other fun Margaret Wise Brown inspired ideas shared by our Virtual Book Club for Kids co-hosts!
The Important Book: Making An All About Me Book by Growing Book by Book
- Good Night Moon Sensory Bottle by The Pleasantest Thing
- Goodnight Moon I Spy Game by Inspiration Laboratories
- Goodnight Moon Book Words Printable Activity by Lalymom
- Goodnight Moon Gross Motor by 3 Dinosaurs
- Soothing Scented Goodnight Moon Inspired Sensory Play by Still Playing School
- Match Pairs – The Runaway Bunny Inspired Game by Rainy Day Mum
- Bunny Patterning Activity by Toddler Approved