Spring break can be a time of travel and memories for kids and their family. Making a spring break scrapbook can be a fun and easy way to help your child remember all of the things that want to remember for their trip. Plus we can sneak in a little writing and creativity to make this a special keepsake book for years to come. Here’s how to make your own Spring Break Scrapbook with kids that’s budget friendly.
Making a Spring Break Scrapbook with Kids
A vacation away from school is something our kids look forward to each spring for spring break. Whether you have a special trip planned or even just a week of fun at home here’s an activity that you can do. It’s so simple but the impact is huge as it’s a way for them to remember all the little things that they did. Plus you can sneak is a little bit of learning too through this writing activity. With just a few materials your child can create this spring break keepsake. Here’s what you’ll need…
This post contains affiliate links
Materials for Spring Break Scrapbook
- Photos from Spring Break
- Paper or Premade Blank Book
- Markers or Crayons
- Alphabet Stickers
Directions for Spring Break Scrapbook
1. Grab some papers and staple them together for a scrapbook or you can grab a premade blank book online . We grabbed a package of these books at Target’s Dollar Spot for $3.
2. While you’re on vacation have your child write about the experiences they are having wither you’re on a trip or even at home with fun spots around town for a staycation each day. I would label them DAY 1 and Day 2 etc to make it chronological plus they can add some decorations.
3. Then encourage them to use a pencil and crayons to illustrate their favorite thing during the adventure. Trust me these are the keepsakes you’ll treasure with their hand drawn art.
5. Then you Alphabet Stickers to label the locations that you visited.
6. On the last page of the Spring Break Scrapbook add a map that you’ve printed on your printer or from a brochure so that they can work on their map skills too.
7. Read and enjoy long after your spring break vacation to remember those moment you share with your child. Keep in mind what they add to the book often times are the little things that make their big moments in life. Ice cream with the family, swimming together, reading a book under the trees. Of course a special spot they visited will be there too but I encourage you to find joy in the little things with your child over spring break.
After School Linky Party
You’re invited to share what you’ve been doing with your kids at home. If you’re a blogger link up your idea below. If you’re a parent leave us a comment below of what you’ve been up to or leave a picture on our facebook page! We’d love to hear from you! Come join the FUN!
Join 150K+ parents who follow ourAfter School Pinterest Board for new ideas each day from top kid’s activity bloggers!
Click to see all of our Featured After School Activities
After School Linky Party is hosted by