Encouraging kids to learn about the world is so much fun with art.Here’s a colorful way to explore rangoli designs with kids as you learn about India. Rangoli designs are often used to decorate the entry to homes during Indian festivals including Diwali. Rangoli is one of the most popular art forms in India.
Here’s how you can make your own Rangoli at home!
Materials for Rangoli
- Food Coloring
- Ziplock Bags Sandwich Size
- White Cardstock
- Printable of Rangoli Design or from Rangoli book
How to Make Rangoli Art Designs with Kids
Printable Rangoli Designs
We used a printable version of a Rangoli as a beginner for my kids. On our sidewalk and doorway for Diwali though we do use some Rangoli stencils and also I have my kids create their own designs with sidewalk chalk. Take a peek on Pinterest to see all the gorgeous way to create your own Rangoli or see a few video tutorials of hand made rangoli designs .
Rangoli Books for Kids
Several Rangoli Design Templates from this Amazon Retailer
Have you noticed that the recent growing trend many Mandola designs available.
Diwali Activities for Kids
- Flower Rangoli Design Idea with Kids
- Diwali Books and Videos for Kids
- DIY Stamp Designs inspired by Diwali
- Making Diwali Sweets with Kids
- Creating a Diya for Diwali
- Exploring India during Festival Season