Here’s how to make your own handprint truffula trees!
There is one author that no childhood would ever be the same without. This author would be Dr. Seuss! His creative mind has kept children reading for decades through the 44 books he’s written! February’s Virtual Book Club Author is Dr. Seuss and we are so excited to bring you more than 20 Ideas to go along with his books!
Make your own Handprint Truffula Tree Forest
1. Start by using Water Colors to create the Sky and Ground
2. Handprint Truffula Tree by using yellow and black paint to create the stems of your trees with your finger only, no paint on the palm or thumb.
We had so much fun making our own Truffula Trees and the Lorax. We decided to print out the quotes from the book too to remind us of the important of making a difference. We typed out “I am the Lorax. I speak for the Trees.” and “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better, it’s not.” by Dr. Seuss. We talked about ways that we can care for our trees.
Are you ready! We’re sharing different ways to explore The Lorax with Kids Crafts and Activities! We’ve used our teacher and mama eyes to find you the best printables, learning activities, playtime fun, snacks, party Ideas, crafts and videos.
30+ Lorax Crafts and Activities
Lorax Printables for Kids
- Printable Lorax Color Books and Counting Book
- Lorax Printable Preschool Unit
- Learn how to Draw the Lorax
Lorax Learning Activities
- Lorax Writing Prompt and Craft
- Lorax Earth Day Writing Prompt and Craft
- Truffla Math Trees
- Roll a Lorax Dice Game
Lorax Playtime Ideas for Kids
Lorax Snack time Ideas
- Lorax Tiered Cake
- Lorax Veggie Tray
- Lorax Nutter Butter Cookies
- Lorax Cheese Snack with Babybel
- Truffula Cake Pops
Lorax Party Ideas
Lorax Crafts for Kids
- Videos Clips and Songs from the Lorax
- Videos from Dr. Seuss Website
- Learn how to Draw the Lorax Video from Universal Studios
We’ll leave you with a little video clip of Let It Grow with scenes from the movie The Lorax. Look for for ideas for planting with kids coming this spring!