Remembering to be kind is important for young learners. Using songs for teaching kindness can encourage more thoughtful behaviors towards others
We encourage you to weave songs about sharing, helping others, using kind words and being a friend throughout your daily activities.
- What I Am, A Sesame Street Song by Will.i.am
- Children’s Song for Developing Manners and Character by Tiny Grads
- Kindness is a Muscle
- FILL YOUR BUCKET SONG by The Learning Station
- You are My Bestest Friend in the Whole Wide World by Koo Koo Kanga Roo
- Best Friends Forever – Silly Song by Veggies Tales
- BEING KIND: The Music Video that Circle the World
Here are 7 songs for Teaching Kindness
What I Am, A Sesame Street Song by Will.i.am
What I am is HELPFUL!!!”
Children’s Song for Developing Manners and Character by Tiny Grads
Being honest and polite is important!
Kindness is a Muscle
Together they show us how to flex our kindness muscles and remind us that kindness counts!
FILL YOUR BUCKET SONG by The Learning Station
When we are kind, we fill a bucket.
You are My Bestest Friend in the Whole Wide World by Koo Koo Kanga Roo
You make me feel like a million dollars.
Best Friends Forever – Silly Song by Veggies Tales
“I think you are swell!”
BEING KIND: The Music Video that Circle the World
Spread kindness to every living soul
A very sweet music video for kids of all ages to inspire kindness.
BONUS Song: Sesame Street: Try a Little Kindness (with Tori Kelly)
K is for kindness! It’s a simple word, it’s true, but it’s amazing what a word can do! Sing along with Tori Kelly and the rest of the Sesame Street gang as they sing a song all about kindness. How will you be kind today?
More Kindness Theme Preschool Activities for Kids
- Writing Activities: Kindness Postcards by Growing Book by Book
- Writing Kind Notes with Alphabet Stampsby Mom Inspired Life
- How many kind hands am I tall? – measuring with hands by Rainy Day Mum
- Teaching Kids Kindness by Making Cards for Sick Children by Capri + 3
- Virtual Kindness Notes from Kids by Still Playing School
- Kindness Activities Preschool Chart by Fun-A-Day
- Teaching Preschoolers Kindness with Bob and Larry by Life Over C’s
- Gratitude Prompts for Kids with Printable Journal
Kindness Themed Books for Preschoolers
Here are a few stories that can go along with these kindness songs. They are linked to Amazon with our referral link for easy shopping.
The Kindness Book by Todd Parr
Superbuns!: Kindness Is Her Superpower by Diane Kredensor
We All Sing With the Same Voice by J. Philip Miller
The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
Tomorrow I’ll Be Kind by Jessica Hische
Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
Kindness is my Superpower: A children’s Book About Empathy, Kindness and Compassion by Alicia Ortego
I Am Love: A Book of Compassion by Susan Verde
Do you have a favorite song for teaching kindness? Share with us in the comments below!
Julie Bales says
Thanks for taking the time to share these. My class will definitely benefit.
Devany LeDrew says
The Sesame Street one is my favorite! I also love Mister Rogers' "You Are My Friend!"
Amanda Boyarshinov says
Devany, I LOVE that one too, but cannot find the official song to share.
Danielle Buckley says
So fun! We are going to listen to these today!
Theresa A says
What a great collections of kindness songs! I can't wait to listen to them with our kids.
Cerys Parker says
Lovely collection of songs – I've only heard the sesame street one so some new ones for us.
Amanda Boyarshinov says
Thanks ladies! My kids have had some squabbles lately. Just today, they started arguing and I said, "Let's play one of the kindness songs to remind us of sharing and kind words." Worked like a charm!
Growing Book by Book says
I love the Being Kind video. Music is such a powerful teaching tool.
William Braylen says
You did an excellent work Amanda Boyarshinov. Really useful video you have shared. Our kids are learning from those video with entertainment. Opening of a kid's song