Remembering to be kind is important for young learners. Using songs to teach kindness can encourage more thoughtful behaviors toward others
We encourage you to weave songs about sharing, helping others, using kind words, and being a friend throughout your daily activities.
- What I Am, A Sesame Street Song by Will.i.am
- Children’s Song for Developing Manners and Character by Tiny Grads
- Kindness is a Muscle
- FILL YOUR BUCKET SONG by The Learning Station
- You are My Bestest Friend in the Whole Wide World by Koo Koo Kanga Roo
- Best Friends Forever – Silly Song by Veggies Tales
- BEING KIND: The Music Video that Circle the World
- BONUS Song: Sesame Street: Try a Little Kindness (with Tori Kelly)
- Kindness Themed Books for Preschoolers
Here are 7 songs for Teaching Kindness
What I Am, A Sesame Street Song by Will.i.am
What I am is HELPFUL!!!”
Children’s Song for Developing Manners and Character by Tiny Grads
Being honest and polite is important!
Kindness is a Muscle
Together they show us how to flex our kindness muscles and remind us that kindness counts!
FILL YOUR BUCKET SONG by The Learning Station
When we are kind, we fill a bucket.
You are My Bestest Friend in the Whole Wide World by Koo Koo Kanga Roo
You make me feel like a million dollars.
Best Friends Forever – Silly Song by Veggies Tales
“I think you are swell!”
BEING KIND: The Music Video that Circle the World
Spread kindness to every living soul
A very sweet music video for kids of all ages to inspire kindness.
BONUS Song: Sesame Street: Try a Little Kindness (with Tori Kelly)
K is for kindness! It’s a simple word, it’s true, but it’s amazing what a word can do! Sing along with Tori Kelly and the rest of the Sesame Street gang as they sing a song all about kindness. How will you be kind today?
More Kindness Theme Preschool Activities for Kids
- Writing Activities: Kindness Postcards by Growing Book by Book
- Writing Kind Notes with Alphabet Stampsby Mom Inspired Life
- How many kind hands am I tall? – measuring with hands by Rainy Day Mum
- Teaching Kids Kindness by Making Cards for Sick Children by Capri + 3
- Virtual Kindness Notes from Kids by Still Playing School
- Kindness Activities Preschool Chart by Fun-A-Day
- Teaching Preschoolers Kindness with Bob and Larry by Life Over C’s
- Gratitude Prompts for Kids with Printable Journal
- Kindness Elves Ideas for Busy Parents
- Kindness Elves Free Printables
- 40 Acts of Kindness by Kids for Mom
- Raising a Kind Hearted Kids
- Creating a Kindness Package with a Book
- Random Acts of Kindness for Fall
Kindness Themed Books for Preschoolers
Here are a few stories that can go along with these kindness songs. They are linked to Amazon with our referral link for easy shopping.
- The Kindness Book by Todd Parr
- We’re All Wonders
- Superbuns!: Kindness Is Her Superpower by Diane Kredensor
- We All Sing With the Same Voice by J. Philip Miller
- The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
- Tomorrow I’ll Be Kind by Jessica Hische
- Be Kind by Pat Zietlow Miller
- Kindness is my Superpower by Alicia Ortego
- I Am Love: A Book of Compassion by Susan Verde
Here’s the complete collection of Books About Kindness for Kids.
Do you have a favorite song for teaching kindness? Share with us in the comments below!