I created this math activity using Goldfish® Princess crackers as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #GoldfishTales
One of our go to snacks for many years has been Goldfish® crackers. They are the perfect snack size for kids. Plus they make snacking on the go so easy for kids and parents alike.
One thing we’ve noticed recently is the amount of options Goldfish has available to choose from at the store. The flavor choices are half the fun when deciding with my girls which one we want to get. Cheddar, Sour Cream and Onion, Pretzel, Rainbow and now Princess are the ones that seem to be first choice at our house.
The flavor option we’ve selected to share about with you is the NEW Princess Goldfish crackers. While looking at the ingredient I noticed that Goldfish uses beet juice to color them a magical light purple color, a big hit in a house with two little girls.
Goldfish Counting Game
Skill: Number Recognition & Rote Counting
- Goldfish crackers
- Larger Bowl
- Muffin Cups or small containers
1. Cut up paper into small cards (2×2)
2. Write numbers 0-10 onto the cards
3. Pour Goldfish crackers into large bowl
4. Place muffin cups onto the table to place Goldfish crackers in
5. Layout the numbers for your child to choose from.
6. As your child selects the number, have them count out the number of Goldfish crackers that they are putting into the cups.
7. Once they select numbers to fill up the cups it’s snack time!
BIGGER KIDS: For older kids you can encourage them to practice their math facts with the Goldfish crackers.
We added grapes to our snack time to add some fresh fruit. With two options we were also able to count those out and also explore patterning a bit too.
There are so many playful ways to use Goldfish crackers at snack time. Plus, you can visit GoldfishSmiles.com for the Goldfish Tales.
Be sure to grab a bag of Goldfish crackers for your next snack time! They are always a hit with friends too!