A Healthier Brownie Cookie Recipe to Make with Kids
Wee Bit Healthier Brownie Cookies
- 2/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 1 large sweet potato cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (We use 1 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sal
- t1/2 teaspoon baking soda1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat shortening and sugar with a mixer in a large bowl.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and water, and mashed sweet potato, mix until combined.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate small bowl. Mix together.
- Add flour mixture into cream mixture at low speed until just blended; fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Gently pat tops flat.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies are set, 9-11 minutes.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.