Have you set a schedule for after school with your child? As we headed back to school I’ve noticed that my daughter needed a little more structure with after school.
Between a few changed after school programs and the amount of homework she received, we needed to make order of our slightly chaotic schedule.
Weekly Planner for After School Activities
Here’s what we used to simply write down what needed to be done and what she wanted to do.
Encouraging children to identify their NEEDS and WANTS is an important skill to learn in life and how to separate the two of them to maximize their time and efforts.
Tips for parent for how to Setting Schedules for After School
- Be flexible. Things will come up, so be prepared to adjust your schedule as needed.
- Include your child in the planning process. This will help them feel like they have a say in their own schedule and make them more likely to stick to it.
- Make sure the schedule is realistic. Don’t overload your child with activities or they’ll quickly become overwhelmed.
- Vary the activities. This will help keep your child’s interest and prevent boredom.
- Include some downtime. After a long day at school, your child needs some time to relax and recharge.
- Make sure there is time for homework. This is important for their academic success.
- End the day with a healthy snack and some family time. This will help your child wind down and prepare for bed.
The importance of schedules for kids:
- Helps kids stay organized. A schedule can help kids stay on track and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Teaches kids responsibility. Following a schedule teaches kids the importance of being responsible and meeting deadlines.
- Promotes self-discipline. Learning to stick to a schedule can help kids develop self-discipline, which is an important life skill.
- Provides structure. A schedule can provide much-needed structure for kids, especially those who are easily distracted.
- Can help kids manage their time effectively. Learning to manage time effectively is a valuable skill that can benefit kids throughout their lives.
- Can help kids reduce stress. Knowing what to expect each day can help kids feel less stressed and more in control.
- Can help kids improve their academic performance. Kids who have a regular routine and stick to a schedule tend to do better in school.
- Can help kids develop healthy habits. A schedule can help kids develop healthy habits, such as eating a healthy diet and getting enough sleep.
Here are some additional resources for After School Activities…