Use your left over pool noodles from summer for this Roll and Stamp Pumpkin Patch number art game! Roll, count, and stamp to create a cute pumpkin patch artwork for kids to take home and hang on their fridge.
Affiliate Links included in this post.
Roll and Stamp Pumpkin Patch Art Game
Explore a variety of art materials.
- Pool noodle piece
- Orange and green paint
- Paper plate
- White paper
How to Set Up the Roll and Stamp Pumpkin Patch Game
- First, set the newspaper on your painting area.
- Then, put the orange paint on a paper plate. Spread thinly.
- Next, place the pool noodle piece next to the paint.
- Last, set a piece of paper next to the paper plate.
How to Play
- First, the child rolls the die and count the number of dots.
- Then they stamp the same number of orange circles aka pumpkins in their pumpkin patch.
- Repeat steps 1-2 three or more times until their paper is full of pumpkins.
- Afterwards, allow the orange pumpkins to dry.
- Finally, have the child paint one green stem on each pumpkin. They can also paint the vine if desired.
Roll and Stamp Pumpkin Patch Game Variations
- Give all children a specific number of pumpkins to stamp on their paper.
- Stamp a few pumpkins. Let them dry and have the children cut them out.
- When dry, write the numbers in order in the middle of each pumpkin.
Literacy Connections to Pumpkin Pattern Path:
For even more Pumpkin reading, here are our favorite pumpkin books for kids!
Skills a Child Can Learn from Stamp Painting Pumpkins…
Here are the skills that a child can learn from stamp painting pumpkins with a pool noodle and paint:
- Fine motor skills: Using a pool noodle to stamp paint requires hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Creativity: Children can be creative with their designs and use their imagination to create unique pumpkins.
- Problem-solving: Children may need to problem-solve if the paint is too thick or if the pool noodle is not cooperating.
- Sensory development: Children will experience different textures and colors as they paint their pumpkins.
- Self-expression: Children can express themselves through their designs and colors.
- Fun: This is a fun and festive fall activity that children will enjoy.
Looking for more pumpkin fun? Try these educational pumpkin activities for kids.