Here are a few quick ways to encourage your child to try something new at the dinner table!
- Involve your child in the cooking process
- Look up recipes together
- Make a list of ingredients for the store
- Encourage your child to help you find items at the store from your list
- Make a game or book about the food groups
- Create hands on experiences with cooking
- Find out where the recipe comes from with your child on a map
- Garden with your child
- Read books about Cooking and Food
- Follow our Little Hands that Cook with Books Series
We have many ideas for your in our Little Hands that Cook with Books Lessons on The Educators’ Spin On It. We encourage you to check out the following activities with your child. They will encourage your child to learn about nutrition, encourage them to try new things and be a great cook in the kitchen with you!
Resources for Teaching Children About Food & Nutrition
Let’s Eat a Rainbow Ideas from Little Hands that Cook with Books
BONUS TIP: Follow our School Lunches Pinterest Board