We are so lucky that we were able to visit England a few years ago to visit both sides of our family for an extended stay. We were able to do both the tourist part of United Kingdom and also the Family side of the United Kingdom. Our craft has a more personal side to it, but you can easily do this with our photos or downloaded images.
Make Your Own Lugguage
For our Craft we created a memory luggage book so that my daughter could recreate her memories of the UK, you could easily do this with any vacation you take or dream of taking. You can create your own Coloring Book from any where around the world. We chose important sights and symbols of the United Kingdom for our book. We colored a double decker bus, a telephone booth, the London Bridge, Big Ben, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Warwick Castle, Buckingham Palace and the United Kingdom Flag. We also created a suitcase to keep all of our treasures in and colored the flag of the United Kingdom on the front. Once my daughter colored her pictures she cut up the words and we matched them up with the correct picture. We just used Picasa program to create a pencil sketch with our own photos. Here’s a book for inspirations to learn how to drawn your own Sights and Symbols!
Play Time Around the World with Toys
Whenever you’re going on a trip it’s always a good idea to find something before hand or during your trip that relates to the place you’re visiting. We found this adorable teddy bear and double decker bus on our trip. We always try to grab postcards too! It’s nice for something for her to hold and remember her trip. Plus we can recreate our trip during playtime. You can create places around the world with blocks and legos. Using those same pictures from your book you can attach them to containers to create the buildings.
Around the World in 12 Dishes from 12 Countries
Adventures In Mommydom, Creative Family Fun, Glittering Muffins, Juggling with Kids, Kitchen Counter Chronicles, Make, Do & Friends, Mom 2 Posh Little Divas, Mummymummymum, Rainy Day Mum, Red Ted Art, The Educators’ Spin On It and The Outlaw Mom have come together to help you on your food journey and will each cook a dish with our children and post about it – to help inspire you to have a go! How You Can Join Us
- Cook a dish typically eaten in the Country of the Month. The goal is to explore each month’s country through food (and an activity or craft, if you wish). Help your child make a traditional or typical dish (sweet or savory) from the chosen country.
- Print your passport. Click here to download a passport, which comes with space for a photo of your child with the dish she cooked.
- Color a placemat. Click here to download the placement. You can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper in order to use it over and over.
- Make a craft. Have your child make a craft related to the country of the month.
- Read a book. Read a book about the country of the month with your children to help them explore the sights, people, food, and culture.
- Share with us. Our challenge starts on March 4th and will remain open for a year, so enter the linky party at the end of every month’s post, leave a comment, or post a photo on our Facebook page.
- Pin. If you share a photo with us, we will add your photo to one of our “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) so that you can share your experience and inspire us all!
- Are you a blogger? Let your readers know about the challenge and grab our cute button to share our challenge on your blog. And, of course, anyone is welcome to participate!