Welcome to “Around The World in 12 Dishes”. We will be taking you on a journey around the world, (loosely) following in Phileas Fogg’s footsteps, exploring 12 different countries with our children, by cooking 12 dishes with them.
Here is a link to some ideas for more crafts.
- Cook a dish typically eaten in the Country of the Month. The goal is to explore each month’s country through food (and an activity or craft, if you wish). Help your child make a traditional or typical dish (sweet or savory) from the chosen country.
- Print your passport. Click here to download a passport, which comes with space for a photo of your child with the dish she cooked.
- Color a placemat. Click here to download the placement. You can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper in order to use it over and over.
- Make a craft. Have your child make a craft related to the country of the month.
- Read a book. Read a book about the country of the month with your children to help them explore the sights, people, food, and culture.
- Share with us. Our challenge starts on March 4th and will remain open for a year, so enter the linky party at the end of every month’s post, leave a comment, or post a photo on our Facebook page.
- Pin. If you share a photo with us, we will add your photo to one of our “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) so that you can share your experience and inspire us all!
- Are you a blogger? Let your readers know about the challenge and grab our cute button to share our challenge on your blog. And, of course, anyone is welcome to participate!