Around the World in 12 Dishes – Russia
I also made Golubpsi, or stuffed cabbage and Piroshki, some were stuffed with meat and the others potatoes. We cheated (is this cheating?) and bought prianki (a gingerbread bun / cookie) and some Baltika (Russian Beer)! I would like to try to make the prianki someday =)
How to join the fun!
- Cook a dish from Russia: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD and activities if you wish. Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Borscht, a beet and cabbage soup, Blini, Pelmeni and Pirozhki (Here is a link for more inspiration: Russian cuisine)
- Make a craft: you can make a country related craft with the kids [optional – Here is our Russian Pinterest Board with some ideas!]
- Read a book: We’s like to own “The Littlest Matryoshka” by Corinne Demas Bliss
- Fun fact: Every day over 9 MILLION passengers ride the Metro, Moscow’s vast underground subway system. In a single day, an average of 9915 trains operate between 5am – 1am, making the New York subway system seem like a miniature child’s toy.