Fun and easy activities for raising global kids! Our site features a large resource of kids activities about the world. Through recipes, art, books and more explore the world with your child in your home.
We believe in the power of raising globally aware children and we make a point to allow our children to experience other cultures with food, art, crafts, music, geography, presentations, and more.
In addition to raising globally aware children, both of our families have chosen to raise our children to be bilingual speakers of another language.
Raising Global Kids with Activities About the World
Here at The Educators’ Spin On It we address many cultural topics and educational activities that can be adapted to the language you speak with your child. Although our families are from Russian and Indian cultures, we also teach our children about many other countries and languages as well.
Whether you want to learn more about our cultures to teach your children or are interested in raising bilingual kids too – we hope you are inspired!
- Resources for Raising Global Kids
- Around the World in 12 Dishes Series
- Activities about Russia
- Activities about India
Around the World in 12 Dishes Series
Get ready to Cook Around World with your Kids! Check out our recipes and activities for kids. Includes printable Passport and Placemats for each country.
- French Crepes from France
- Celtic Knot Cookies from Ireland
- Baklava from Greece
- Fish Empanadas from Mexico
- Coconut Bread from French Polynesia
- Samoan Panikeke from Australia
- Books About Japan
- Making Sushi with Kids from Japan
- Making Samosas & Mint Chutney from India
- Books About India
- Rosenmunner from Sweden
- Swedish Crafts for Kids from Sweden
- Books & Activity from Author Elsa Beskow from Sweden
- Exploring the Northern Lights from Sweden
- Craft Ideas from the United Kingdom
- Bangers and Mash from the United Kingdom
- Virtual Field Trip to Ukraine
Resources for Raising Global Kids
- Gift Guide for Global Toys and Educational Materials
- Top Pinterest Boards to Learn about the World
- Chinese New Year Activities for After School
- Chinese New Year Books
- Chinese New Year Sensory Bin Ideas
- Chinese New Year Preschool Activities
- Schools Around the World
- Tips for Raising Multicultural Kids
- Land and Water Around the World
- Exploring World Cultures with Kids
- 10 Ways to Travel the World from Home
Multicultural Books for Kids
- Books about India
- Books about Russia
- Books about England
- Books from Sweden
- Books about France
- Books about Japan
- Books about Ukraine
- Environmental Print Ideas for Kids
- Diverse Books in Your Home Library
- Multicultural Children’s Book Day Ideas
Building Your Diverse Bookshelf One Theme at a Time
Russia Activities for Kids
Amanda’s husband is from Russia. She shares ways that she is raising her kids to learn about their diverse backgrounds. She includes tips on learning Russian as a second language.
India Activities for Kids
Kim’s husband is from India. She shares tips for ways that she is embracing her child’s diverse biracial background and marriage. Plus tips on learning the Indian language of Hindi.
She includes her experiences and tips on raising kids in a Hindi and Christian home as well through education.
Follow The Educators’ Spin On It’s Pinterest Board Bilingual Babies & World Geography with over 1.6 Million Followers!