Learning letters is an important part of early childhood learning. These giant ABC beads are a great way to use your alphabet pool noodle manipulatives to extend abc play. Children bead the pool noodles alphabet beads onto a string in alphabetical order.
ABC Order with Giant Pool Noodle Alphabet Beads.
Learning Objective: Put letters into alphabetical order.
- ABC Pool Noodle Beads
- Long string.
- Alphabet chart
Click here for directions on how to make the ABC Beads.
How to play Pool Noodle ABC Order
1. Set the basket of pool noodle beads out with the string. Lay the alphabet chart near the basket.
2. Sing the alphabet song with your child. Point to the letters as you sing.
3. Talk about real life instances when you are using alphabetical order to help you complete a task.
- Looking up numbers in a phone book.
- Finding a word in the dictionary.
- Locating books in the library.
4. Search for the letters in alphabetical order. Add them to the string together.
5. We tied the letter a on as a base so the pool noodle alphabet beads would not slide off.
6. When you finish beading the alphabet. Tie the Z.
7. Sing the alphabet one more time, pointing at the alphabet beads as you sing them.
Click here to watch a video on how to cut the Pool noodles to size for Pool Noodle Games
Pool Noodle Learning Activities for Kids
We have several Pool Noodle Learning Activities that you might also enjoy.
- Build a Word Tower with Pool Noodles
- Pool Noodle Sight Word Boat Races
- 15 Pool Noodle Activities for Kids
- Giant ABC Beads with Pool Noodles (You’re Here)
- Pool Noodle Boat Matching Game
- Pool Noodle ABC Basket
- Base Ten Basket with Pool Noodles
- Pool Noodle Alphabet Order Obstacle Course
Click on the images below to see how to make and play these pool noodle learning activities!
Leave a Reply