Welcome to “Around The World in 12 Dishes”. It’s fiesta time! We have now reached Mexico City in Mexico! We had started our journey the same way Phileas Fogg did in London, UK, and Stockholm, Sweden, then continued on to Moscow in Russia and via India in New Delhi reached Tokyo in Japan. After making a stop in the exotic location of Papeete, capital of French Polynesia, we are now in Mexico.
Fish Empanadas or El Pescado de Empanadas
Check out where we’ve traveled so far on our Cooking Around the World.
United Kingdom ~ Sweden ~ Russia ~ India ~ Japan ~ Australia ~ French Polynesia
How to join the fun!
- The only mandatory part is the dish, the rest is all up to you, we just thought it would be fun and more concrete to the kids as to why we are making a unusual dish.
- Cook a dish from Mexico: The goal is to explore this country through FOOD and activities if you wish. Make a typical dish (sweet or savoury) from the country with the kids, take photos and have fun!
- Typical dishes: Tacos, Enchiladas, Quesadillas and more.
- Print your passport: Click here to download, comes with space for a photo of the child with the dish. Here is a little cover for it if you wish 🙂
- Color a placemat: Once colored/painted or whatever other way you want to do this, you can laminate it or put it between clear contact paper to use it over and over. Great conversation piece for you and your kids. Click here to download it.
- Make a craft: you can make a country related craft with the kids [optional!]
- Fun fact: The Chihuahua is the world’s smallest dog and is named for a Mexican state.
- Share with us: Our Mexico challenge starts on October 7th and will remain open for a year, so attach a link to your blog to enter the linky party or go to the comment section and post a photo together with what you did together with your child(ren).
- Pinterest: We will add your photos to a “Around the World in 12 Dishes” Pinterest Boards (one for the dishes, one for the crafts) you will be a great source of inspiration for everyone 🙂
- Are you a blogger? Let your fans know about the challenge and grab our cute lil’ button to share it on your blog.
<a href=”http://www.glitteringmuffins.com” target=”_blank”><img src=”https://theeducatorsspinonit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/world.jpg” alt=”Around the world in 12 Dishes” width=”125″ height=”125″ /></a>
Adventures In Mommydom, Creative Family Fun, Domestic Goddesque, Glittering Muffins, Here Come The Girls, Juggling with Kids, Kitchen Counter Chronicles, Mermaids’ Makings, Montessori Tidbits, Mummymummymum and The Educators’ Spin On It
This looks great and something that all in the family with enjoy. I just may try this soon :0)
Raising a Happy Child says
This looks very yummy! My daughter adores seafood, but I am not so sure how she would take to emplanadas.
maryanne @ mama smiles says
I love empanadas! Thanks for sharing your filling recipe, and linking over to dough recipes for us to try!
Valerie @ Glittering Muffins says
Wow, she sure did a good job! Glad you are having a good time with this series and thank you for your participation 🙂