Orange Strawberry Jam Surprise Muffins
Directions to make Orange Strawberry Jam Surprise Muffins
- Line 12 standard size muffin cups with paper liners.
Combine all of the ingredients except 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon or orange zest, and jam into a large bowl.
Fill muffin cups 1/2 full.
Make an indentation in the middle of each batter.
Scoop a spoonful of jam into each.
- Top with the remaining batter spread out evenly over all the muffins.
- Mix the sugar and remaining orange zest together.
- Sprinkle evenly over the muffins.
- Gently pat the sugar mixture. (my kids love doing this part and licking their fingers at the end.)
Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. The top will become slightly brown. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out dry.
We love to have kids cooking in the kitchen. Most days, we will make our muffins, then snuggle up to read books on the couch together while they bake.Jamberry is a classic rhyming book that takes kids on a berry jam making adventure.