Learn and play Polar Bears with this cute, easy to sew Polar Bear Costume Headband for Kids!
Make A Polar Bear Costume Headband
Materials Needed for Polar Bear Costume Headband:
- White, and black felt
Directions How to Make a Polar Bear Costume Headband:
1. Cut the pieces out of felt. 1 white headband piece 3 inches wide. 2 black eyes and a nose.
2. Place the polar bear’s facial features on.
3. Straight stitch in like colors around the eyes and nose.
4. Measure around the child (or adults) head. Straight stitch the headband to fit.
5. Wear, PLAY, and learn!
For More Polar Bear Activities for Kids:
Click the image or the link to take you to the Polar Bear themed educational activity here at The Educators’ Spin On It.
- Polar Bear Math Game
- Polar Animals Activities for Preschool
- Polar Bear Biscuits
- Polar Bear Books for Kids
- Polar Bear Virtual Field Trips
Polar Bear ABC Dot-to-Dot
Must Have Polar Bear Books:
Costume headbands are great for story retellings which strengthen children’s story comprehension and understanding the concepts presented in the story. Re-telling the story also provides an opportunity for children to use and practice the content related vocabulary: enriching the learning.
Purchase a polar bear picture book or check one out from the library and encourage your child to act out the story. Here are some of our favorites.
Buy on Amazon with affiliate links:
- The Polar Bear Son: An Inuit Tale by Lydia Dabcovich
- The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett
- Hush Little Polar Bear by Jeff Mack
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin Jr.
- Knut: How One Little Polar Bear Captivated the World by Craig Hatkoff & Juliana Hatkoff
- Little Polar Bear by Hans de Beer
Here’s a look are our favorite Polar Bear Books for Kids!
Need Some More Costume Headband Characters to Play with Try one of these: