- Old magazines. We used Parents Magazinebecause they had kid friendly, bright colored pictures.
- Construction Paper
- Kids Scissors
- Elmer’s Washable School Glue
- Washable Markers or printed words in color.
- Large Ziploc Bag
Directions to Make and PLAY the Rainbow Busy Bag.
Rainbow SORTING Activity:
1. Cut pictures representing colors out of magazines.
2. Set the words out on the corresponding papers. Have your child sort the pictures into their correct paper.
3. Talk about the pictures. What are they?
4. Place the items in the large bag.
5. Repeat the activity several times.
Younger child – Limit the colors to 2 or 3 at a time for younger learners.
Extra challenge – Point out the letters in each word. Make the beginning sound for each. Have your child repeat the sound and guess the word. (the color clues will help them too!)