Learning to count can be such fun when you include a little snow and trains! This month we’re featuring the classic book The Little Engine that Could for our Virtual Book Club for Kids book of the month. I’m sharing with you a train game to encourage your child to learn their numbers with a winter spin. Grab your snowflakes and it’s all aboard!
There’s is something quite magical about children and and their interest in trains. This winter create this playful snowflake train game for your child to help them learn to count one to one and recognize their numbers. Here’s what you will need…
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon
- Construction Paper or Scrapbook Paper
- The Little Engine that Could Book
Grab the Book The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper on Amazon
Take a moment and read the featured book of the book. The Little Engine That Could is an fun and inspirational favorite, and the Little Blue Engine’s rallying mantra “I think I can–I think I can” will keep your child motivated for a lifetime in the inner thoughts of every child who reads those words.
Directions for Number Train Game
1. Cut out 10 rectangles using a plain sheet of paper or solid color. Make them approximately 2×4 inches.
2. Use patterned scrapbook paper or different color to cut out 20 small circles for train wheels.
Additional Train Activities for Kids
- Name Train
- Paper Train
- Train Snack
- Train Science with Magnets
- Train Themed Books
- Math Games with Trains
- Reading Activities with Trains
Click here to see the other books featured at our Virtual Book Club for Kids