DIY Angel Ornament
Affiliate links are used in this article.Materials Needed
- Metallic Gold Spray Paint
- Permanent Marker
- Uncooked Elbow Noodles
- Empty Cardboard Box
- School Glue
- Red Chinelle Stems /Pipe Cleaners or thin red ribbon
- Thick Red Ribbon
- Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
Directions to make DIY Paper Plate Christmas Wreath
1. ADULTS: Cut a angel shape out of the box.
Make a hole near the edge using the hold punch.
2.Use the permanent marker and write the child’s name on the back of the angel.
3. ADULT ONLY STEP: Set the cardboard angel on newspapers outside, away from children. Follow all safety instructions on your paint container. Spray with gold paint. Let dry. This will be the back of the ornament.
4. Set the angel- shiny side down on the table. Let the child place drop of glue on the angel. Put a noodle on top of each glue drop.
Squeezing the glue and picking up the noodles with the thumb and pointer finger makes this angel ornament a great fine-motor skills craft.
MATH SPIN ON IT:
Roll and Cover Christmas Angel: For older children, let them roll 1 die and call out the number Place the same amount of glue dots as the number rolled. Then cover each glue dot with a noodle. Repeat rolling until the angel has been filled. Challenge: How many noodles are on the angel all together?
For an EXTRA math challenge: Hand children two dice. Let them roll both and place either the sum or the difference on their angel. a 2 and a 4 would mean children could place either 2 glue dots (4-2=2) or 6 glue dots on their angel (4+2=6)
4. Allow the angel to dry.
5. ADULT ONLY STEP: Set the dried noodle angel on newspapers outside, away from children. Follow all safety instructions on your paint container. Spray with gold paint. Make sure to paint from several angles until all the noodles and cardboard is covered. Allow to dry
6. Thread the red Pipe Cleaner through the hole and twist.
OPTIONAL: Have the children wrap their angel ornament with tissue paper to give as a gift.