How are you teaching your child about the elections?
We took the opportunity to talk to our 6 year old about Voting and the Presidency and thought you might find the resources we used helpful. Here are some of the books we read to learn about Voting. Many of them talk about running for president. We had fun creating our own election in our house using two of our favorite stuffed animals and campaigning for them. It’s important to talk about some simple issues that candidates stand for and how they want to make changes for a better future. Ask your child what things are important to them. You might be impressed with their answers.
Books about Voting and Election Day for President
Resources for Election Day Activities for Kids
- Printable Election Book from Smedey’s Smorgasbord
- Color Your Own Electorial Votes Map from Urban Bliss LIfe
- Election Day from Welcome To Room 26
- 11 Election Day Activities from Tip Junkie
- Election Day Activities and Book Review from No Twiddle Twaddle
- Pumpkin Elections from Imagination Soup
- Picture Books about Elections and Presidents from No Time For Flashcards
- Presidents’ Day Activities from Living Montessori Now
- President’s Day Activities from Toddler Approved
- The Democracy Project at PBS Kids
- Create Your own Campaign Poster from PBS
- Classroom Election Activities from The First Grade Parade
- 2012 Elections – Teacher Resources from Teacher Vision
- Election Day Activities from Apples 4 the Teacher
- Election 2010 from Scholastic Magazine
- Election Day from Teacher Planet
- Race to the Ballot: The Our White House Presidential Campaign and Election Kit for Kids!
- Presidents Day Activities from The Educators’ Spin On It