Create this adorable holiday gift idea with your child’s handprints. This Reindeer Craft Frame is sure to be a keepsake for years with loved ones !
Sleigh bells ring and children craft! Parenting during the holiday season is a must in my opinion. With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday preparations, children still need their daily routine, creative outlets and learning opportunities. We must make time to interact with our children a priority. No time for activities during the week? Prepare a bunch of activities to do together on the weekend. What is great about December is that most of these holiday crafts can also double as hand-made gifts for family members! Who wouldn’t want a collection of your child’s cute crafts?
Sign up for our Newsletter for more holiday craft ideas for your child.
I often find that we take traditional holiday crafts and put our own spin on them, making those every day parenting moments, learning opportunities.
Activity: Reindeer Craft Frame
Materials for Reindeer Frame:
- White card stock
- brown tempera paint
- Paint brush
- Wooden picture fram
- 2 large google eyes
- 1 large red pom pom
- All Purpose Glue
Directions for Handprint Reindeer Frame:
- Paint your kids hands and press them on white paper.
- Cut their hand prints out when dry
- Have them paint the wooden frame
- When the wooden frame is dry, glue on bow, eyes, and nose.
2. Then I showed my preschooler the word can. This is a sight word that also is a cvc word (consonant vowel consonant) that can be sounded out. We are just memorizing this one. So now our sentence looked like this…
- Construction paper
- White Paper
- Brown crayon
- White paint
- Empty spool of thread
- A reindeer sticker (you can draw it too)
- Draw a tree on the blue paper.
- Rip white paper and glue it to make the snow on the ground.
- Stamp a bunch of snow flakes (this is great for fine motor)
- Add the deer!
Activity: Reindeer Handprint Pillow
- Fabric Paint
If you enjoyed these Reindeer Craft Ideas you might also enjoy on of these Reindeer Posts…