- Create a Handprint Caterpillar Class Sign
- Create an Accordion Style Caterpillar Card
Make a Thank you card for the class by cutting out large green circles and then cut out smaller circles with their personal pictures on them. The same head in on both the card and the class sign. If you don’t have time to get a picture made of each child, just have each student draw a self portrait.
- Create Caterpillar Magnets
- Create a Caterpillar Pointer
Using the extra pom poms create a teacher pointer to help the teacher read stories with and use for teaching reading.
- Class Book Signing…The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- Make a Class Book Very Hungry Caterpillar Book
A Very Special Teacher by ______ Class
On Monday ____ read us a story.
On Tuesday ___ taught us to write.
On Wednesday ____ helped us count to 100.
On Thursday _____ took us to the playground.
On Friday ____ sang songs with us.
On Saturday _____ was writing her lesson plans.
On Sunday _____ was a very special teacher all year long!
Thank you _____ for all your hard work and dedication!
If you don’t want to take photographs you could always have each student create their own personalized page and create a book from it.
- Have a Very Hungry Caterpillar Snack
While you’re present the book basket and listening to the Class Caterpillar Book you can enjoy a little caterpillar snack. Cupcakes shaped like a caterpillar are fun! You can also create a caterpillar from sandwiches. You can retell the story by cutting up fruit and poking holes into the fruit just like the story using straw.
- Make a Bean Bag Toss Caterpillar
- Collect Books as a Teacher Gift to Build a Very Special Class Library
- Need more The Very Hungry Caterpillar Ideas?
Check out our Pinterest Thematic Units Board and Party Board .
Explore the World of Eric Carle here
Coloring Activity here
Activity Booklet and Poster here
Want Eric Carle to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar to your child or class? Click here