Celebrate your upcoming arrival with a book for big brother or big sister to be. New baby sibling books make great baby shower gifts too!
Check one of these big sibling books out at your local library, book store, or have it delivered to your doorstep with Amazon!
Reading books about a new baby can springboard discussions your child may have about their upcoming role as big sister or big brother.
Think about all the great things are to having a new baby in the house.
Older sibling books:
- provide siblings reassurance that they are and will continue to be special.
- talk about the good things about being an older sibling.
- gives them age appropriate ideas or ways they can help
Affiliate links to books:
- Big Brother Daniel
- My New Baby
- Big Sisters Are the Best
- What Brothers Do Best
- The New Baby
- We Have a Baby
- I’m a Big Sister
- Baby on the Way (Sears Children’s Library)
- Pecan Pie Baby
- What to Expect When the New Baby Comes Home (What to Expect Kids)
- I Am a Big Sister
- A Guide to Being a Big Sister (Olivia TV Tie-in)
- Best-Ever Big Sister
- I’m Important Too!
For more Baby Play and Learning Ideas
Here are a few play and learning idea articles for babies here at The Educators’ Spin On It.