It’s watching a child holding a wooden block to their ear as a toddler and pretending to talk on the phone or using a big lego as a camera. It’s taking a box and making it into a house, monster, castle or dragon. It’s making a cake from mud or popcorn from pompoms or mulch. It’s building a tower, a car a rocket or a stage out of pieces of wood. It’s gathering sticks to create a camp fire and camp out beside it. It’s climbing on a tree and pretending it will take flight to another world.
Ideas for Creating a Natural Playscape Playground
- Create a stage from an old tree that needed to be cut down.
- Use the rest of the tree to create circles to be used for a variety of purposes and just the right size for little hands to use.
- Add some bamboo sticks to build all sorts of creations with.
- Hang a few bells in the bushes for some magical musical fun
- Add some reused containers and water for an outdoor kitchen
- Visit a Local Park and bring props for play, especially if you’re limited on space
Here’s part of Amand’a Natural Playscape that she shared on The Educators’ Spin On It. Here’s a quick video of her Music Bush. Check out where we get our inspirations from, Our Pinterest NATURAL PLAYSCAPES PLAYGROUND BOARD.