My friend gave us a jar of beet root powder, which inspired my 4 year old to ask for “pink” crispies. I thought it was a great idea and added in some peanut butter and craisins in too, for a little twist.
He measured out the ingredients, mixed and poured.
They turned out, to his delight – PINK!
3 Tbsp butter
5 1/2 c mini marshmallows
6 cups of your favorite crispie cereals
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c craisins
1/4-1/2 tsp of beet root powder
1. Have your child pre-measure all the ingredients.
2. Have then add the marshmallows and butter to a medium size pot.
3. Heat on low, stirring continuously. (Grown up job) Keep stirring until the marshmallows are completely melted.
4. Stir in Peanut butter, beet root powder, and craisins. Mix until blended.
5. Add the cereal immediately. Mix well. Press into greased 13×9-inch pan.
6. Cool completely then cut into squares.
PS: Pink is my son’s favorite color. I looked to find a book about boys and the color pink to make this a little hands that cook with books blog post, but all the pink books seem to be about boys. So I decided to write my own. Someday, one of my picture books may get published! Until then, I’m having fun writing, editing, and reading them to my own kids!