We’re so excited to share with the our selection for the David McPhail Virtual Book Club for Kids. We’ve selected Weezer Changes the World!
It’s a book about a very special dog who was very ordinary until one day something extraordinary happens and the world is never the same afterward.
Weezer Changes the World by David M. McPhail
If you haven’t read the story, here is Reese Witherspoon reading it at the Whitehouse.
In the book the people promise to make Cards, Letters to Others, Feed the Hungry, Care for the Sick, Keep Air Clean and Keep Water Clean, and Be Kind to Others.
All simple ways that we can change the world for a better place.
Weezer Changes the World Book Extension Using Random Acts of Kindness
What promises would you make to Weezer? We created our own Earth by using Watercolors. Then we came up with ways that we can change the world personally.
Our hope is to add more and more as the month goes by.
Here’s a printable worksheet to write your goals on.
Once we created the goals we typed them up together on the computer and then attached them to clouds as dreams. We were talking about Martin Luther King Jr, here are a few other activities about him. We talked about his dream too and the way that we treat others.
We decided to discuss various Random Acts of Kindness that we could share with others.
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday today, we are excited to announce that we’re joining the third annual 100 Acts of Kindness Project! hosted by Toddler Approved
It starts today and will last until Feburary 14th.
How can you participate?
- Accept the challenge to accomplish 100 acts of kindness with your families or students over the next four weeks (Jan 21-Feb 14).
- Comment to let us know that you are joining us!
- Create a way to record your acts of kindness. You can find several ideas here from last year.
- Participate in each simple weekly challenge. We will give you one each Monday for four weeks. Come back to this landing page each Monday to find out your challenge for the week. The challenge images below will take you to each blog when you click on them starting on January 21st. Here’s Week 1’s Challange from Coffee Cups and Crayons. Next week we will be issuing the challenge on Monday, January 28.
- Join us in celebrating with a Kindness Celebration on Valentine’s Day, Feb 14th!
Everyone is invited to join in this kindness celebration! We can all do small things to make our homes, families, communities, schools, and workplaces just a little bit better.
So, will you join us?
Now here’s the fun part. David McPhail has inspired so many with his books. It’s your turn to share what you and your child created with these books. It’s our Monthly Virtual Book Club featuring David McPhail.