2. Reading Rockets: This is my personal favorite site for reading the latest research and teaching techniques. It is well organized with a variety of different approaches for teaching reading.
4. Mrs. Perkins Dolch Words: A good site for finding dolch sight word lists, phrases, worksheets, and activities.
5. Reading A-Z: This is a pay-for service, but has a good amount of high interest leveled readers for parents wanting to get their hands on more books at their child’s level.
Reading Articles and Reading Related Activities Here at The Educators’ Spin On It
Both Kim and Amanda are licensed and experienced teachers. We have taught hundreds of children to read over the years. Now, we are able to teach our own children at home! We spend time curating a collection of amazing resources on our social media sites to save YOU time so that you have more to spend with your own children! Each child is so very different, it is our hope, that you find one that inspires you to help your child learn-to-read!
- Activities for Developing Reading Comprehension
- Reading Tips
- Tips on Challenging Advanced Readers
- Host a Kids Book Club
- Host a Book Launch Party
- Learn to Read with LEGO’s
- Interview a Favorite Author Virtually
- Learn to Read with Trains
- Visit the Library
- Cook With Books
- Reading Tips Q and A
- Make an ABC Theme Poster
- Join in Celebrations Such as International Literacy Day
- Create a Love Book Package
- Learn to Read with Penguins
- Learn to Read with Garden Labels
- Read with a Reindeer Theme
- Make a Book from Family Outings
- Learn to Read Color Words
- Connect Movement with Reading
- Reading with Babies and Toddlers
- Books About Russia
- Read Around the Globe