Lois Ehlrt has been selected as our Author this month for the Virtual Book Club for Kids. She has a magical touch to the illustrations she creates in each of her books. The brightness of color and the simplicity of her images draw in children and adults alike into her colorful world. You could spend an entire year in her books and read about every season of childhood from Fall, Winter and Spring and Summer and everything in between.
During our Virtual Book Clubs at The Educators’ Spin On It, we like to get to know the other a little bit better in person. I truly think it helps our children connect to the author and also inspires our children to read more and even write more to become their own authors. Here is an interview with Lois Ehlert in person on itunes, hosted by Reading Rockets for free. It can be a little lengthly for younger children but even it you watch just a little bit, it will connect your children to Lois Ehlert and see into her world. The second video clip is more of a visual report of her life and how her career and an author and illustrator began.
Resources for Interviews with Lois Ehlert
Tips for Fostering Creativity with Art with your Child
- Keep a tray out for them to keep art projects to be worked on continuously
- Keep a special spot in your home to display their art pieces
- Keep on hand simple supplies needed for collages such as paper, magazines, glue, scissors, and odd pieces you collect
- Create a place for mess that is easy to clean up
- Allow your child to see you creating
- Art supplies make a great birthday gift or holiday gift
We were inspired to use paint and objects to bring butterflies and flowers for our project. Come check it out!
What will you be inspired to create today?
|Image Soure: Mayo’s Masterpiece|
There are a few rules for this blog hop that we ask you to follow, so make sure to read them:
- Link up only posts inspired by Lois Ehlert that share children’s book inspired crafts, activities, recipes, etc. Any other posts will be deleted.
- Visit other blog posts on the linky and comment on or share the ones you love!
- Add our Virtual Book Club button to your post if you’d like.