It’s time for a few little confessions… I’ve been a mom for 30 years and a teacher for more than 10 and I still feel like parenting is a mystery. Just when you think you have it figured out you have another child or new student who defies all the typical expectations we’ve started to form.
Can you relate?
Tips for Solving the Mysteries of Parenthood
One peek around the house or car and you realize something may have been spilled, or a broken piece to a toy and you wonder what happened. Why is this sock in an odd place? Where is the other shoe? How did that get broken?
Don’t even get me started on the odd things I find at times after my kids have been playing off in a spot together for a while
Do you find yourself solving mysteries at your house like me? As parents, we find playful ways to ensure our kids are following our rules and expectations. Maybe a game of I Spy or a friendly clean-up song to get us moving on the right track again.
At the end of the day there are a few topics that come up again and again, especially after 3 kids. Here’s a few common parenting topics…
- Picky Eaters
- Anger Management
- Toy Storage
- Potty Training
- Chores with Kids and more!
Parenting Resources for Parents
You may find yourself asking questions like…
- Why do kids always seem to be hungry?
- How do they get so much energy?
- Why do they always want to argue?
- When will they start listening to me?
- Why do they have to grow up so fast?
These are just a few of the many mysteries that parents face on a daily basis. But even though parenting can be challenging, it is also one of the most rewarding experiences in life.
After raising my 3 kids and teaching hundreds, I have a few pieces of parenting advice to help you.
- How to Stop Losing Things at School
- Teaching Children How to Be Responsible for Their Backpack
- 6 Tips for Teaching Kids How to Clean Up
- 5 Tips for Starting a Moms Group
- Ways to Keep Kids Hydrated
- Tips for Meaningful Family Mealtime
- 10 Tips to Get Picky Eaters to Try New Foods
- Lunch Ideas for School
- After-School Snack Ideas
- 8 Tips for Parenting Your Strong-Willed Child
- Dealing with Temper Tantrums at Home
- Helping Children Cope with Change
- Raising an Active Child
- Parenting Tips for When Routines Change
- Teaching Gratitude In Your Home
- Tips for Homework Success
- How to Write a Placement Letter for School
- How to Request a Classroom Change for your Child
- Tips for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Open House Tips for Parents
- Helpful Tips for Staying Active at Home with Kids
- Balancing Work from Home and Homeschool
- Helpful Tips for Working from Home with Kids
- Tips for Returning to Work After Baby
- Travel Tips for Traveling with Babies
- Facing the Reality of Gun Violence in Schools
- How to Advocate for Your Child
- 12 Questions Parents Need to Ask Their Child’s School or Camp
- How to End Bullying
- 5 Ways to Keep Preschoolers Active and Unlock Their Potential
- Can I Promise My Child Everything Will Be Okay?
- Ideas for Making Chores Fun
- Setting Schedules for After School
- Selecting After School Programs
- Designing an Educational Learning Space at Home
- Volunteering at Your Child’s School
- Tips for Making Friends at School
- Better Sleep Strategies That Work
- Tips on Creating Individual Time with Each Sibling
- Making Time to Order Family Photos
- Ideas for Sibling Activities
- Connecting Siblings When a Large Age Gaps Exists
- Using Play to Parent Through Stress
- Tips for Getting Kids to Use Sunscreen
- Why Every Child Should Take Swimming Lessons
- Sending a Smart Kid to Kindergarten
- Using Parental Controls on TV and Online
- Tips for Protecting Your Child on Social Media Outlets
- How to Raise Money for Your School PTA
- 10 Tips for Surviving In-laws Visit
- Quick Tips for Prepping for Guests with Kids
- The Positive Roles of Mother-in-Laws
- 6 Ways to Help Your Local Children’s Hospital
Solving Parenting Mysteries on Pinterest
So here’s the big scoop, I was inspired to create a pinterest board based on the idea of Solving Parenting Mysteries.
Here’s my new Pinterest board I’d love for you to follow as we tackle this parenting thing together! I’ll be sharing pins about Parenting Topics that we’re all trying to solve the mystery.
Do you have a Parenting Pinterest Board? LEAVE YOUR PARENTING BOARD in the COMMENT SECTION so I can repin and share and learn from you too!
It’s always fun to take a peek into how other families are solving their parenting mysteries.
Hope you’ll join us on this case as we solve the mysteries of Motherhood together!
Be sure to follow our Parenting with Purpose series for even more ideas!